Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hello, my name is Sam, my blog is about Awkward.

So, this blog is really about awkwardness. I understand that most everyone experiences it to some degree or another; I've lived it at a whole 'nuther level. So I pick up on it like a magnet in a kitchen appliance store, and I've decided to let this part of me not only be, but be celebrated. Kind of like the model with the gap teeth... don't fight it. Make it your thing.

Alright, world. I'll make awkward my thing. I will own these shenanigans.

See, there was nothing really going to prevent it. I was born the youngest of four girls, and I had a hell of a time getting here--I had jaundis, no big deal I guess, except also had a big ol' cleft lip that put me in about 10 surgeries before I could fully accomplish puberty, and THAT makes a dent in your normalcy if anything does.

I was born to extremely loving parents, thank GOD, but my adorable parents are also pretty much the exact opposite of every aspect of my personality. This creates a bit of, shall we say, tension? during the wonder years, and of course maintains ramifications into our adult silver years. I grew up with them pastoring their church in north hollywood for 14 years, (yup--I'm a PK), and hand-me-down clothes from my sisters who are 7-9 years ahead of me, making me about 7-9 years totally out of fashion's graces for like, always, up until high school when I put all of my money towards clothes, ha ha. (That habit has since never changed, unfortunately). I also grew up being that slightly awkwardly smart kid, which was totally acceptable up until middle school, so I dutifully stopped doing well in school right around 8th grade. And another one bites the dust.

The strictness of my household, as well as the overall formality and politeness with which we regard each other, lends to most of my awkward behavior--most especially when it comes to my awkward behavior with dating... (but that, THAT is something for another blog. Probably the next one)... I mean my mom still acts shocked if I pick my nose with my foot and yell profanity at the table--crazy, right? I know!

In any case, I felt like I give a sketchy background of why I'm going to start this blog, other than the obvious reason that I'm deliciously bored on my vacation, and hope it gets fun around here. Cheers.


4 comments:

  1. The only thing I remember about reading Canterbury Tales is that Chaucer described a woman as "gat-toothed," and our professor explained that it was a euphemism for "amorous."

    You told me your scar was from a dog attack. BUSTED!

    The same thing happened to me in the 7th grade. I got some friends and immediately lost my smarts in school. Given the choice to go back and do it over, I can't say I wouldn't make the exact same choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that is hilarious I told you that; yeah sometimes I made crap up. One time I told a girl I went on a missionary trip to the Amazon as a kid, fell out of the canoe and piranas got me--I'm pretty sure she was traumatized from water sports for life. I'll burn in some level of Dante's shenanigans for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have raised an eyebrow at the piranha story, I see you gauge your audiences well when constructing these lies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and overall well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescriptions like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but bring back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal anybody that comes to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete